Microsoft Word 2010 Chapter 1 Lab 2 Creating a Flyer with a Resized Picture
Problem: Your boss at Granger Camera House has asked you to prepare a flyer that announces the upcoming photography contest. You prepare the flyer shown in Figure 1–79. Hint: Remember, if you make a mistake while formatting the flyer, you can click the Undo button on the Quick Access Toolbar to undo your last action.
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this book for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information about accessing the required files.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Start Word. Type the flyer text, unformatted. If Word flags any misspelled words as you type, check their spelling and correct them.
2. Save the document using the file name, Lab 1-2 Photography Contest Flyer.
3. Change the theme colors to the Apex color scheme.
4. Center the headline, the line that says RULES, and the signature line.
5. Change the font size of the headline to 36 point and the font to Stencil, or a similar font. Shade the headline paragraph Lavender, Background 2, Darker 50%. Apply the text effect called Fill – Lavender, Accent 6, Outline – Accent 6, Glow – Accent 6.
6. Change the font size of body copy between the headline and the signature line to 18 point.
7. Change the font size of the signature line to 24 point and the font to Stencil. Bold the text in the signature line. Change the font color of the text in the signature line to Gray-50%, Text 2.
8. Bullet the three paragraphs of text above the signature line.
9. Italicize the word, not.
10. Bold the word, landscape.
11. Underline the text, August 31.
12. Shade the line that says RULES to the Gray-50%, Text 2 color. If the font color does not automatically change to a lighter color, change it to White, Background 1.
13. Change the zoom so that the entire page is visible in the document window.
14. Insert the picture on a blank line below the headline. The picture is called Wind Power and is available on the Data Files for Students.
15. Resize the picture so that it is approximately 3.5″ × 5.25″. Apply the Rotated, White picture style to the inserted picture. Apply the glow effect called Lavender, 5 pt glow, Accent color 6 to the picture.
16. The entire flyer should fit on a single page. If it flows to two pages, resize the picture or decrease spacing before and after paragraphs until the entire flyer text fits on a single page.
17. Add the page border shown in Figure 1–79.
18. Change the document properties, including keywords, as specified by your instructor. Save the flyer again with the same file name. Submit the document, shown in Figure 1–79, in the format specified by your instructor.