CIS 312 Lab 1 Processor Information
Note: You may need to scroll the screen up and down to see all of the output.
Complete the following steps. Submit a screen shot of step 2 and the answers to steps 4 and 5 in a Word document:
1. Using the credentials provided to you by your professor, login to the unix-online.strayer.edu server.
2. On the command-line, execute the following command:
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
3. Save a screenshot of the output produced by the command. You will need to submit it for grading.
4. Use the command’s output to answer the following questions:
a. How many processors are installed on this server? (Look for processor keyword)
b. Who is the processor(s) vendor? (Look for vendor_id)
c. What is the CPU clock speed in MHz? (Look for cpu MHz)
d. What is the CPU model name? (Look for model name)
e. What is the cache size? (Look for cache size)
5. Describe how you would use the information produced by this command.
There are no reviews yet.