Microsoft Access 2010 Chapter 5 Lab 2 Adding Fields and Creating Multitable Forms for the Walburg Energy Alternatives Database
Problem: The management of Walburg Energy Alternatives has found that they need to maintain additional data on suppliers. Management needs to keep track of the last date an order was placed, whether the vendor accepts returns, and whether the vendor allows online ordering. Management also would like to attach to each vendor’s record Excel files that contain historical cost data. Walburg Energy Alternatives requires a form that displays information about the vendor as well as the items that are purchased from vendors.
Instructions: If you are using the Microsoft Access 2010 Complete or the Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive text, open the Walburg Energy Alternatives database that you used in Chapter 4. Otherwise, see the inside back cover of this book for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for more information about accessing the required files.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Add the fields Last Order Date, Returns, Online Ordering, and Cost History to the end of the Vendor table structure. Last Order Date is a Date/Time field, Returns and Online Ordering are Yes/No fields, and Cost History is an Attachment field. Create an input mask for the Last Order Date that uses the Short Date input mask.
2. Add the data shown in Table 5 – 3 to the Vendor table.
Table 5 – 3 Data for Vendor Table
Vendor Code Last Order Date Returns Online Ordering Cost History
AS 3/30/2012 Yes No AS_History.xlsx
JM 3/26/2012 No Yes JM_History.xlsx
SD 4/4/2012 Yes Yes SD_History.xlsx
3. Create the form shown in Figure 5 – 88. Use Vendor Master Form as the name of the form and Items of Vendor as the name of the subform. The title is raised, semi-bold, and distributed with a font size of 24. The labels are blue, bold, and etched with a transparent border style. The fields have a sunken special effect.
4. Open the Vendor Master Form and then open the cost history for Asterman Industries. Change the previous cost for item 4553 to $40.95. Save the change to the workbook.
5. Query the Vendor table to find all vendors that accept returns and allow online ordering. Include the Vendor Code and Name in the query results. Save the query as Returns-Online Query.
6. Submit the revised database in the format specified by your instructor.
There are no reviews yet.