COM 330 Chapter 11 Assignment
Find the solutions to Problems 1 and 2 based on the following query:
SELECT EMP_LNAME, EMP_FNAME, EMP_AREACODE, EMP_SEX
WHERE EMP_SEX = ‘F’ AND EMP_AREACODE = ‘615’
ORDER BY EMP_LNAME, EMP_FNAME;
1. What is the likely data sparsity of the emp_sex column?
2. What indexes should you create? Write the required sql commands.
Problems 4-6 are based on the following query:
SELECT EMP_LNAME, EMP_FNAME, EMP_DOB, YEAR(EMP_DOB) AS YEAR
WHERE YEAR(EMP_DOB) = 1966;
4. What is likely data spatsity of the EMP_DOB column?
5. Should you create an index on EMP_DOB?
6. What type of database I/O operations will likely be used by the query?