New Perspectives on HTML and XHTML Tutorial 3 Case Problem 3
Data Files needed for this Case Problem: banner.jpg, king1.gif – king6.gif, kingtxt.htm, and centertxt.css
Center for Diversity Stewart Tompkins is the project coordinator for the Midwest University Center for Diversity. He is currently working on a Web site titled The Voices of Civil Rights, containing Web pages with extended quotes from civil rights leaders of the past and present. He has asked you to help develop a design for the pages in the series.He has given you the text for one of the pages, which is about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Complete the following:
1. In your text editor, open the kingtxt.htm and centertxt.css files from the tutorial.03\case3 folder included with your Data Files. Enter your name and the
date in the comment section of each file. Save the files as king.htm and center.css in the same folder. Take some time to study the content and layout of the king.htm file as it appears in your text editor and Web browser.
2. Return to the king.htm file in your text editor. Directly below the opening
3. Enclose the rest of the page content, starting with the h1 heading at the top of the page through the address at the bottom of the file, in a div element with the id, pageContent.
4. Save your changes to the file.
5. In your text editor, go to the center.css file. Create a style for the body element that sets the font color to black, the background color to the value (204, 204, 153), and the margin to 0 em.
This tutorial includes complete steps from 1-20