Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Shelly Cashman Series Chapter 4 Case Problem 6 Convert Currency
Design a Windows application and write the code that will execute according to the program requirements in Figure 4-109. Before designing the user interface, create a Use Case definition. Before writing the code,create an event planning document for each event in the program.
Date submitted: November 4, 2014
Application title: Convert Currency
Purpose: The Convert Currency Windows application will display the value of U.S. dollars in euros, English pounds, and Mexican pesos.
Program Procedures: From a window on the screen, the user should enter the number of U.S. dollars to be converted. The program will display the equivalent value in euros, British pounds, and Mexican pesos.
Algorithms, Processing, and Conditions:
1. The user must be able to enter the number of U.S. dollars to be converted.
2. After entering the number of U.S. dollars to be converted, the user clicks the Convert Currency button.
3. The program converts the number of U.S. dollars entered into the equivalent number of euros, English pounds, and Mexican pesos. The program displays all three currencies together with the U.S. dollars.
4. To find the conversion rates, the developer must consult the appropriate Web sites.A possible site is www.xe.com.
5. Because the currency rates change dynamically, the user should enter both the date and the time that the conversion rates were applied. The date and time should be displayed in U.S. format.
6. The user should be able to clear the date and time, the number of U.S. dollars entered, and the results of the calculations, and then enter new values.
Notes and Restrictions: 1. The user should be able to click an exit button to close the application.
Comments: 1. The designer must determine the design of the user interface, and the words and graphics used in the user interface.