Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Shelly Cashman Chapter 4 Case Problem 5 Grade Calculator
Design a Windows application and write the code that will execute according to the program requirements in Figure 4-108. Before designing the user interface, create a Use Case definition. Before writing the code, create an event planning document for each event in the program.
Date submitted: January 4, 2014
Application title: Grade Calculator
Purpose: The Grade Calculator Windows application will compute and display the average of four numeric test grades.
Program Procedures: From a window on the screen, the user enters the Social Security number of a student and the four numeric scores from four tests taken by the student. The program determines the average of the four test scores and displays the result.
Algorithms, Processing, and Conditions:
1. The user must be able to enter the Social Security number of the student and the four test scores.
2. The Social Security number must be formatted properly with hyphens.
3. To determine the average test score, add the four entered test scores and divide by four.
4. The average score should be shown with one position to the right of the decimal point.
Notes and Restrictions:
1. The user can clear the Social Security number, test scores, and average score; and then enter new data.
2. The user can use an exit button to close the application.
Comments: 1. The designer should design the user interface, including all graphics and words used.