Microsoft Access 2010 Chapter 5 Lab 1 Adding Fields and Creating Multitable Forms for the ECO Clothesline Database
Problem: ECO Clothesline needs to maintain additional data on each sales rep. The company needs to add the date each rep started as well as notes concerning the sales rep and a picture of the sales rep. The company wants a form that displays sales rep information and the customers for whom they are responsible.
Instructions: If you are using the Microsoft Access 2010 Complete or the Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive text, open the ECO Clothesline database that you used in Chapter 4. Otherwise, see the inside back cover of this book for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for more information about accessing the required files.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Add the Start Date, Notes, and Picture fields to the end of the Sales Rep table. Save the changes to the structure of the table.
2. Add the data shown in Table 5 – 2 to the Sales Rep table. Adjust the row and column spacing to best fit the data. Save the changes to the layout of the table.
3. Create the form shown in Figure 5 – 87. Use Sales Rep Master Form as the name of the form and Customers of Sales Rep as the name of the subform. Users should not be able to tab through the Picture control. The title is centered with a font size of 24 and a font weight of bold.
4. Query the Sales Rep table to find all sales reps who started before January 1, 2012, and who have computer skills. Include the Sales Rep Number, First Name, Last Name, and Notes fields in the query results. Save the query as Computer Skills Query.
5. Submit the revised database in the format specified by your instructor.