Microsoft Access 2010 Chapter 4 Lab 2 Presenting Data in the Walburg Energy Alternatives Database
Problem: The management of Walburg Energy Alternatives already has realized the benefits from the database of items and vendors that you created. The management now would like to prepare reports and forms for the database.
Instructions: If you are using the Microsoft Access 2010 Complete or the Microsoft Access 2010 Comprehensive text, open the Walburg Energy Alternatives database that you used in Chapter 3. Otherwise, see your instructor for information on accessing the files required in this book.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Open in Layout view the Inventory Status Report that you created in Chapter 1. Add a total for the Inventory Value field. Be sure the total is completely displayed. Display the average cost. If there are fewer than 10 items on hand, the value should appear in a red bold font. Filter the report for all items
where the number on hand is 5 or less. Save the filtered report as Filtered Inventory Status Report.
2. Create the Items by Vendor report shown in Figure 4 – 84.
3. Create the form shown in Figure 4 – 85. If there are fewer than 10 items on hand, the value should appear in a red bold font. Save the form as Item Update Form.
4. Filter the Item Update Form for all items where the cost is less than $3.00 and sort the results in descending order by cost. Save the form as Filtered Item Update Form.
5. Submit the revised database in the format specified by your instructor.