IT358 Unit 8 Users and Roles
Outcomes addressed in this activity:
Use the GRANT and REVOKE statements
Create and access database links
In this project, you will work with privileges, roles, and passwords:
1. Answer Review questions 1–5 from Chapter 7.
2. Complete Hands on Assignments #1-10 from Chapter 7
Oracle 11G SQL Chapter 7 Hands-On assignment Solution
1. Create a new user account. The name of the account should be a combination of your first initial and your last name.
2. Attempt to log in to Oracle 10g using the newly created account.
3. Assign privileges to the new account that allow the new user to connect to the database, create new tables, and alter an existing table.
4. Using a properly privileged account, create a role named customerrep that allows new rows to be inserted into the ORDERS and ORDERITEMS tables and allows rows to be deleted from those tables.
5. Assign the account created in Assignment 1 the customerrep role.
6. Log in to Oracle 10g using the new account created in Assignment 1. Determine the privileges currently available to the account.
7. Revoke the privilege to delete rows in the ORDERS and ORDERITEMS tables from the customerrep role.
8. Revoke the customerrep role from the account created in Assignment 1.
9. Delete the customerrep role from the Oracle 10g database.
10. Delete the user account created in Assignment 1.
There are no reviews yet.