INF322 DATABASE MANAGEMENT Week 5 Final Project Customer Service Database
The Final Project consists of building a customer service database to be submitted by the final day of the course.
Focus of the Project
1. Use the Access database you created in Week 3: Customer Service Database
2. Output 3 queries using SQL code and not the standard access view:
A query on all contacts in the customers table showing first name, last name, address, e-mail address and three additional fields from the table.
An update query that changes one or more customer records but not all records.
A delete query that removes one or more customer records but not all records.
3. Using SQL commands, add a new field called Birthday to the Customers table. Populate some of the fields with data.
4. Report on Customers in Database showing Names, State, and Phone Numbers.
5. Create a report showing contact name and birthdays. Do not show records without a birthday.
6. Analyze the data populated in the Database to show referential integrity. This includes a statement showing what the affected tables in each dataset are and how they are impacted in the case of an addition of data or a deletion of data.
7. All data and screen shots should be included in a Word document with a brief explanation of the actions you performed.