CMIS 141 Project 2
This project focuses on the use of of sequential, selective and repetitive programming statements, methods, and modular programming. Before attempting this project, be sure you have completed all of the reading assignments listed in the syllabus to date, participated in the weekly conferences, and thoroughly understand the examples throughout the chapters.
The project requirements include:
1. Design and implement a Java program that will gather a group of floating point numbers and determine the sum and average of the data entered. The program should use separate methods for inputting the data, calculating the sum, calculating the average, and displaying the results. A sentinel value should be used to indicate the user has completed entering their numbers. The output should display a message that includes the count of the numbers entered, the sum of the numbers and the average of the numbers. If the sum of the numbers is greater than 100, a warning message should be displayed indicating “values have exceeded a sum 100”.
2. Additional requirements include:
1. Use JOptionPane.showInputDialog() methods for your user to input their data
2. Use JOptionPane.showMessageDialog() methods to display your messages.
3. Include a comprehensive set of application test data that you used to test your program. Similar to Project 1, your test data can be shown in a table that includes input data, expected output, actual output and pass/fail results from the test.
Your deliverables include a Java file and a Word document. The Java file should be named Yournamep2.java. Your word document should include your test table and be named Yournamep2.doc. Your completed assignment should be submitted to your Project 2 assignment area no later than the due date listed in the syllabus.