CMIS 141 Project 1 Java Program
This project demonstrates your understanding of datatypes, input/output, sequential and selection programming statements, and mathematical operations.
Before attempting this project, be sure you have completed all of the reading assignments listed in the syllabus to date, participated in the weekly conferences, and thoroughly understand the examples throughout the chapters. The project requirements include:
1. Design and implement a Java program that will gather a user’s first name, middle initial, lastname, age in years, and 3 lucky numbers. The program should output the following based on the user’s input:
a. A welcome message repeating their full name (e.g. Welcome John Q Smith)
b. A message based on their age with these types of messages.
Display “You are just a kid!”, if the user is less than or equal to 12 years old
Display “Welcome teenager!”, if the user is greater than 12 and less than 20 years old
Display “Welcome almost adult!”, if the user is 20 years old.
Display “Welcome adult!” , if the user is 21 years old or greater.
c. A message displaying the average of their 3 lucky numbers. For example “The average of your 3 lucky numbers is : 20”
2. Additional requirements include:
1. Use JOptionPane.showInputDialog() methods for your user to input their data
2. Use JOptionPane.showMessageDialog() methods to display your messages.
3. Include a comprehensive set of application test data that you used to test your program. Your test data can be shown in a table that includes input data, expected output, actual output and pass/fail results from the test. Your test data can be presented in the form of a table as follows:
Your deliverables include a Java file and a Word document. The Java file should be named Yournamep1.java. Your word document should include your test table and be named Yournamep1.doc. Your completed assignment should be submitted to your Project 1 assignment area no later than the due date listed in the calendar.