Bigger Vision of Athens Lab 3 Normalization
For this lab, we will be completing the Normalization step for several of your entities from your E/R diagram.
You will normalize the following entities to 3rd normal form:
(Show ALL steps, from 1st normal form to 2nd normal form to 3rd normal form)
After going through your steps of normalization, add in your Foreign keys based on your cardinalities from your E/R diagram. Be sure you include your attributes in your table from Lab 2.
Bigger Vision of Athens You have been asked to develop a database system for the Bigger Vision of Athens Emergency Shelter.
BVoA is a small, community shelter with approximately 142 beds.
The basic goal is to provide hot meals, showers, laundry services, and a place to stay at night for the surrounding community in North Georgia.
The various business functions that the non-profit currently has are:
1. Guest management software: Stores information about guests of the shelter
2. Volunteer management software: Records information about the shelter’s volunteers
3. Scheduling software: Assigns guests and volunteers to specific days of the month
4. Financial management software: Tracks the shelter inventory, financial resources, and operations of the shelter, including donor information
5. Administrative services software: Provide general management and support services for board members not directly related to shelter operations
Examples of shelter software operations include: scheduling guests for the night, scheduling volunteers in advance for certain days, clocking guests and volunteers in and out, recording meals, showers, and laundry services, writing up guests for rule violations, reviewing inventory levels of needed supplies, putting in requests for new supplies, logging board meeting notes, and saving donor information.
The staff at the shelter include 80 full-time personnel and 30 part-time personnel, such as: the executive director, board members, administrative staff, day workers, night workers, job counselors, social services staff, technical support staff, cooking staff, janitorial staff, and security staff.