Case Problem 2
Data File needed for this case problem: exercise.accdb (cont. from Tutorial 10)
Parkhurst Health & Fitness Center Martha Parkhurst asks you to continue your work on the Exercise database by creating a new form and enhancing its accuracy and appearance. To help Martha with her request, complete the following steps:
1. Open the Exercise database located in theAccess3\Case2 folder provided with your Data Files.
2. Use the Form tool to create a form named frmMemberinfo using the tblMember table as the source table. Create a procedure for the frmMemberInfo form to convert City field values to proper case—capitalize the first letter of each word, and convert all other letters to lowercase. Test the procedure.
3. Create a procedure to verify Phone field valuesin the frmMemberInfo form by doing the following:
a. For a State field value of VA, the first three digits of the Phone field value must equal 703 or 804. If the Phone field value isinvalid, display an appropriate message, cancel the event, undo the change, and move the focus to the Phone field.
b. No special action is required for other Phone field values.
c. Test the procedure, and then save your form changes.
4. Create a procedure for the frmMemberInfo form to do the following:
a. Display the word current to the right of the MemberID text box in bold, magenta text only when the MembershipStatus field value is Active. Otherwise, display the
word review in bold, blue text. (Hint: Remove all controlsfrom the control layout before resizing the MemberID text box and adding the label for the message. Use the Caption property in your VBA code, and make sure you enclose Caption property settings in quotation marks.)
b. Test the modified form, and then save your form changes.
5. Make a backup copy of the database, compact and repair the Exercise database, and then close the database.